Health insurance for foreigners in case of necessary and urgent health care
Travel Insurance for Foreigners K90
Why take out health insurance for foreigners?
- This obligation is imposed on all foreigners from non-EU countries by § 5 of Act No 326/1999 Coll., on the residence of foreign nationals in the Czech Republic, as amended
- Health insurance for foreigners covers the costs of treatment in case of sudden illness or accident
- It’s a necessary condition for obtaining a visa
Why take out insurance for foreigners with Slavia pojišťovna?
- Because it’s the only one to offer business and tourist travel insurance at unbeatable prices
- Its health insurance for foreigners is recognised by the Alien Police of the Czech Republic and meets the conditions of Act No 326/1999 Coll., as amended
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN HEALTH INSURANCE FOR FOREIGNERS?
- Outpatient care
- Treatment in hospital
- Urgent dental procedures
Clients may prefer to use contracted hospitals (see the current list), which bill Slavia pojišťovna for the necessary and urgent health care within the scope of the insurance conditions. Thus, clients do not have to pay the costs and only demand insurance benefits from the insurance company afterwards.
If necessary, the client can ask for help at +420 255 790 262. The assistance service is available to clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The assistance service call centre operators speak Czech, Slovak, English, German, Russian, Ukrainian and Vietnamese. They will help clients find the nearest contracted health care facility of our insurance company, they will also help in case of language problems during communication or organize repatriation.
Public promise of health care reimbursement provided to foreigners insured with Slavia pojišťovna
Slavia pojišťovna insures foreigners in case of acute and urgent medical care in the Czech Republic. Health insurance for foreigners of Slavia pojišťovna is recognized by the Czech authorities, including the Police of the Czech Republic. The insurance meets the conditions of Act No 326/1999 Coll., on the residence of foreign nationals in the Czech Republic, as amended.
For the purpose of identification, when providing necessary and urgent health care, our contractual insured persons are provided with an ‘Insurance Card’, with which the foreigner proves that they have taken out health insurance for foreigners with Slavia pojišťovna.
Slavia pojišťovna a.s. undertakes to reimburse the health care facility in the Czech Republic for the insured to the extent stipulated in the insurance contract and the general insurance terms and conditions for the necessary and urgent outpatient and hospital health care provided to the insured at the prices valid for health care invoicing in the Czech health insurance system.
If medical treatment at the urgent admission of the University Hospital Motol is unjustified, a fee of CZK 5,000 will be charged by the hospital, which is not covered by the insurance. See Urgent admission at Motol (in Czech)
Verification of insurance validity
To verify the participation of the treated foreigner in this commercial health insurance for foreigners, Slavia pojišťovna can be contacted on working days from 8 AM to 4 PM at +420 255 790 111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, unless otherwise stated on the insurance card of the insured.
Outside the stated hours, the insurance validity can be verified via the Global Assistance service at +420 255 790 262.
Immediate assistance and Assistance Services
In case of accident and breakdown in the Czech Republic and abroad
24/7 assistance service: +420 255 790 262
in Czech, Slovak, English, German, Russian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
of insurance validity Mon – Fri 8 AM – 4 PM +420 255 790 111
Outside weekdays and working hours: +420 255 790 262
Or by email: email@example.com
DAMAGE OCCURRED, WHAT NOW?
List of contracted health care facilities
We care about your satisfaction.
We will do everything for you. .
- Insurance Product Information Document – NZCP (IPID)
- Insurance Product Information Document – CPCK90 (IPID)
- General Terms and Conditions of Health Insurance for Acute and Emergency Care VPP NZPC 02/2020a – updated
- General Insurance Conditions for Travel Insurance for Foreigners K90 – VPP CPCK90 11/2021
- General Terms and Conditions of Health Insurance for Acute and Emergency Care VPP NZPC 2020/02
- General Terms and Conditions of Health Insurance for Acute and Emergency Care VPP NZPC 2018/05
- List of contracted health care facilities
- General Terms and Conditions of Health Insurance for Acute and Emergency Care 01/2014
- General Insurance Conditions for Health Insurance for Foreigners in Case of Necessary and Urgent Health Care – VPP NZPC 01/2014 (only in Czech)
- Information sheet NZPC (only in Czech)
- Information sheet NZPC – EN
- Information sheet CPCK90 (only in Czech)
Are you ready to get your new insurance?
(Assistance for new insurance only!)
Leave your phone number.
We’ll call you soon.
On working days 8:00 – 18:00
Attention: This form does not serve as support for your ongoing insurance nor for any information about current progress of your claim.