What to do…
Flood | Fire | Gale | Evacuation Luggage | First Aid
Evacuation baggage should contain
- Basic food (preferably canned food) for 3 days
- Drinking water (tea, coffee)
- Waterproof wrapped bread, biscuits, salt, sugar
- Items of daily needs (cutlery, can opener, sharp knife, dinnerware, mugs)
- Personal documents, money, valuables, insurance contracts
- Portable radio and substitutes
- Toiletries and sanitary goods
- Torch, matches (lighter)
- Spare clothes, footwear, raincoat, wellingtons, sleeping bag or blanket, clothesline
- Books, toys, cards, etc.
- Baggage identified with a tag with name and address
WARNING: When leaving, attach a sign on the door informing the police and rescuers when and where you were evacuated.